Sunday 12 August 2012

New Nessie Photo a Hoax ?

While I do want to believe there could be some real photographic evidence that possibly could be grabbed, given the right place and time.. I don't think George Edwardshas it.

While I have found something somewhat unknown and interesting, I'll jump on this bandwagon just because it's probably the most recent topical bit on Nessie.

Behold the photo of "nessie".  This particular zoom jpeg is courtesy of Huffington Post's article.

And also from Huffington, here's George. Ahh, fifteen minutes of fame can make a man smile.
  

Now just Why am I calling shenanigans on this particular photo? 
Like in crime dramas, you have to look at the facts if someone isn't admitting to something.

What I do find exceptionally fishy to start is that despite George's claims that he didn't want to make the picture public until he had his photo "verified by a team of US military monster experts" ... he sold it on a postcard for his business. 
Notwithstanding the fact that the US military doesn't actually have a monster hunter expert group, I found this fact alone to be a red flag.  

I have to give full and complete credit to my inspiration once again to Glasgow Boy, and he deserves 110% of this discovery.  You must read his complete post here.

Glasgow Boy is wholly neutral I believe on this picture, but I believe this is a significant point in looking for honesty in George Edwards. In the words of Glasgow Boy:

"I actually was informed of this photograph by a local man back in May when the photograph appeared on a postcard sold by George Edwards from around Easter which is shown below and tells us a bit about George's Nessie hunting history."

Okay. Enough about that. Use your own judgement.

Here is George's description of the event on November 11, 2011:
“I was just about to return to Temple Pier (in Drumnadrochit) and I went to the back of the boat which was facing the pier and that’s when I saw it. It was slowly moving up the loch towards Urquhart Castle and it was a dark grey colour. It was quite a fair way from the boat, probably about half a mile away but it’s difficult to tell in water.”

George apparently watched this hump from half a mile away for f to 10 minutes.  He snapped a picture with a samsung digital camera he keeps on his boat.

Hold the phone.. here's a claimed "nessie hunter" who takes tourists out on his boat "Nessie Hunter IV" on tours of the loch.  He spends 60 hours on the loch a week - presumably showing tourists around - a man who has been looking for substantial proof for 26 years.  Now he grabs his digital camera (unknown what model it is, but with all this in mind, it's certainly a good one).  He lines up the wee beastie in his camera's sights and takes.... one picture.

Up to 10 minutes watching a chance of a lifetime. A historic event.  Thousands of jpegs fit on one small memory card, 26 years for this moment..    and...  one picture.

Are you kidding me??
That right there ends it for me.  Toe-tag it and send it off to the morgue of nessie hoaxes.

But I will give George Edwards props for using this to promote awareness of his excellent Loch Ness Tour business.

If I went there, I would absolutely sign up for a tour, anyone this dedicated deserves my business.  





No comments:

Post a Comment